Need help with levels for selling and sending beats to artist.

HailCaesar

Hi I guys and girls I just wanted a lil advice for what db levels my beats should be at for different things such as uploading the untagged WAV & mp3 files on my beat store, sending to a artist to listen and uploading on YouTube for a wider audience to listen. Ive recently gone back to some of my beats and re-mixed them to make them sound better and i'm around -3db when I've finished mixing. But Im not sure if I should do a basic master on the ones I upload to my beat store for sell but still leave headroom for vox or just leave it unmastered, my only issue is most artist nowadays think if somethings louder its better quality and before I would just upload a unmastered file with headroom for vox to my beat store and I've noticed my sells haven't been doing well so I listened to other producers beats on their stores and they are much louder than mine, Ive also asked some producers and they say they master it to the best of their ability before uploading to their store so I would just like some advice on what I should do thanks.

If you would like to listen to levels of my tracks on my beat store the links here so you can get a understanding if my tracks are too loud or needs more volume.

https://traktrain.com/hailcaesxrbeats#132902

Just track it out, the engineer he's going be recording with can level everything out for you. If you have to send a wav, -6 to -12 is usually a good place to be. Not recommended though.

Definitely aim for a -6 dB (max peak) of the master volume in the complete mix. This is good for mastering purposes. Headroom is needed, always. Also, when you lower the overall volume down there, you notice the track won't be hitting yellow/red signal anymore ;).

Wow! Most of your songs are very good.

I've mastered at least 800 songs where I'm sent a vocal track and a beat. Upload a couple to my widget and I will tell you exactly what your volume is, and exactly where it should be. Note - Also explain who you are, if you just upload songs with no message I won't know what they're for.

https://cdmusicmastering.com/start-cd-mastering-project.html

I wish you the very best with your music!

Thanks I think I'm gonna stick to this method I appreciate the help from all of you.
Just track it out, the engineer he's going be recording with can level everything out for you. If you have to send a wav, -6 to -12 is usually a good place to be. Not recommended though.

Thanks I'm gonna keep this in mind.
Definitely aim for a -6 dB (max peak) of the master volume in the complete mix. This is good for mastering purposes. Headroom is needed, always. Also, when you lower the overall volume down there, you notice the track won't be hitting yellow/red signal anymore ;).

Thanks for the kind comment and help ill be sure to check your site out if I need any professional mastering.
Wow! Most of your songs are very good.

I've mastered at least 800 songs where I'm sent a vocal track and a beat. Upload a couple to my widget and I will tell you exactly what your volume is, and exactly where it should be. Note - Also explain who you are, if you just upload songs with no message I won't know what they're for.

https://cdmusicmastering.com/start-cd-mastering-project.html

I wish you the very best with your music!

Ideally, you would use a loud (ie. mastered volume) version for preview. If someone buys the 2track, then send them that version IN ADDITION to a version without the limiting (ie. the raw mix).
In practice though, I will say that whenever an artist has sent me a song to mix that includes a 2track beat instead of multitracks, it's almost ALWAYS the mastered version of the beat. It's incredibly rare they send the unmastered version.

Hopefully though, they'll want the multitracks, but your typical amateur rapper won't want the multitracks. As well, even a lot of serious artists will lay vocals the to 2track before deciding if what they've come up with is worth paying for the multitracks.

Thanks for the help this has helped me a lot so some artist use the mastered version as like a demo to see if they would lie to do something serious with the beat
Ideally, you would use a loud (ie. mastered volume) version for preview. If someone buys the 2track, then send them that version IN ADDITION to a version without the limiting (ie. the raw mix).
In practice though, I will say that whenever an artist has sent me a song to mix that includes a 2track beat instead of multitracks, it's almost ALWAYS the mastered version of the beat. It's incredibly rare they send the unmastered version.

Hopefully though, they'll want the multitracks, but your typical amateur rapper won't want the multitracks. As well, even a lot of serious artists will lay vocals the to 2track before deciding if what they've come up with is worth paying for the multitracks.

Back