Need a help on Kaboom sound??

H

had_st

Hi All!

yup, i do REALLy need a help, (pls do thread me as a newbie :)

i'd like to learn to creating a surround sound effect/music....

like the flash intro of the derbauer.de

i would like to know how i can do it by my pc (what kind of soft, reviews and hoe to do it?)

also do you know any url like the derbauer.de which use the surround sound effect?

thanks

:angel:

:mad:

Hundred of member with not even a single replay?!?

even the moderator?!?

pls anyone....
:confused:

Ok, here's what i suggest you do;

Find the sound similar to what you want (i.e explosion in a movie, or whatever) and sample this sound, add some distortion, boost the low frequencies, or whatever makes it go 'kabooom'.....

If you can't get sound directly from your TV into your sampling device then do it with a mic and relayer the sample until it sounds right. Another method is to create the sound yourself with big sheets of cardboard and a mic, be creative and don't thing all the sounds you need have to come from a synth.

Start smashing some bottles, or break something big up with a big hammer in an a large empty room and record the sounds, even if you never use the sounds it'll it make you feel good just to smash stuff up anyway ?

Hope this helps.

Rich

_-({~FOKI~})-_
'It's What You're Looking At !'

:) thanks alot Rich, that's great idea!

do you know how to creating a surround sound effect/music....

like the flash intro of the derbauer.de

?:confused:

I've no sound on this PC so i can't check that out (sorry !)

If you search on the sample sites i'm sure there'll be a collection of kaboom's similar somewhere.

Rich.

Kaboom sound...

:hello:

Rick

your ideas to help are very creative and can work, you could fill a large drum full of petrol and ignite it as that would get a much better rsult!!! <oh school physics lessons>

It would be good to have a greater understanding of (a) what debauer.de is, and (b) what it is you are trying to achieve with it?

sound is a fasinating science and can be manipulated in many ways, but to make a sound that is recognisable to others is an art...

Alex

:cool:

www.derbauer.de

German:der bauer
english: the farmer

he simply used sounds of siencefiction-moves. Best is DVD.

those sounds are designed by hollywoodsounddesigners which use high-end-studios.Better try not at home. Better sample

Does anyone know the nice Trancetrack from X-Dream - "psychomaschine" theres a very nice Protonmissle-sound from Startrek-old episode.

Yes that's the one The Scientist,

do you know what's the soft they're using? or maybe some soft that can create something similiar ?

thanks

still none the wiser on the sound as my access to a multimedia PC is limited. Depending on how involved you want to get... buffer a TTO (transistor) and CMOS... have it clocked with PLD program to spread spectrum using a 14.218hz - crystal or an oscillator, with RC circuit on outside to have input. This is basic board electronics and from here you put in whatever sound source and tweek away... using a digital desk and manipulating the phase using both Doepler & Haas theories should tend to quite a spectacular explosive sound, with elogated tail so you can hear it travelling away into the distance... evn have it bounce of building that are close by.... Good Luck anyway...

i would like to use my pc (piii933, 32bit sound card),
can i create similiar sound?

i hear that the REASON can do, is this true?

how about sound forge?

thanks you

Also do you know any similiar site that using the same sound effect? or the source/tutorial for that?

:confused:

tahnsk :)

buffer a TTO (transistor) and CMOS... have it clocked with PLD program to spread spectrum using a 14.218hz - crystal or an oscillator, with RC circuit on outside to have input.

Sorry, what is a TTC-transistor and a CMOS and a PLD ?:confused:

my typing skills and attention to detail are a bit crap at times. Really sorry. Should be TTL = Transistor Transistor Logic. CMOS is a type of memory and PLD stands for Programmable Logic Device... In a more concise order a crystal is used to regulate the timing of a PLD which in turn commands from inside an ASIC...

try any multimedia card manufacturer and they will be able to help...

Back