Need help on Fruity Loops 11, total time bug

CBG

CBG
Hey guys need some help to fix this problem, made a track on Fruity Loops that should be ending at 2:47 on it's last pattern, but for some reason when i export it to MP3 it recognise 3:27 total time. But there's no instrument later than 2:47. Had try duplicate the file and do the same thing, but didn't work. Had selected only the patterns before export to Mp3 but didn't work too. Anyone have any idea what could be going on? It never happend before on other tracks, please help me.

Last edited:
There must be something later on that's making it want to render up to then right? Automation?

BTW you probably shouldn't export mp3s right out of your main project. You should render that as a high resolution wav, import that in a new project then render that as mp3.

That way you have a high-res backup and a master you can quickly render to whatever compressed format you want.

To go further I would recommend rendering every channel out individually and mixing those wavs in a different project then rendering that to a final mixed wav... then import and master that in another project rendering a wav and then have another project to render the mastered wav to mp3 etc.

Again... total, future-proof backup and recallability of every stage. Imagine on day someone comes to you and says "we love that track you made but we want to re-engineer it for a release" but you no longer have half the vsts you used.

i think it might be a vst tht u created an automation for..check the duration of your vstz on your playlist like maybe Lovephilter etc..

Just to make sure, can you click on the playlist and hit 4 on your keyboard? That will zoom your things to the smallest it can be while including everything on the playlist. Does it go farther than 2:47? My guess would be automation or maybe you have the time bar highlighted past the song? Maybe your render settings have a length area?

Hey guys thanks a lot for the support, but so far haven't found a way to get it fix. The time bar highlighted is not like on Logic Pro for example, the song simply stops on the last pattern. There's nothing later than that, the song restart exactly where it should when playing the track on the program (it recognise 2:47). The problem happens only out of it, exclusively when i converted it.

The only synth channel i used calls Ogun but he doesn't seen to be the trouble, the frequencies don't stay "rocking" for too long. But looking by another way point of view, it's the first time i use it and coincidence with this bug. Gonna try deleting it to see if the problem resolves, at least i gonna discover from where it's coming. I'll come back later with the result.

Edit: The problem is on the Ogun channel! When i delete it the problem no longer exists when i converted it. Any tips now how can i fix it?

Last edited:
Anyone that could help with that? Looking to get the problem fixed without excluding Ogun synth from the project.

Back