Need help with achieving a certain effect in rap vocals

tuneitdown

Hey guys I have a question when I record my choruses I'm trying to get a certain type of effect with it but can't seem to find out how to get that. Here's an example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3YzYRgrIRU. This chorus starts at 1:11. I know its a girl singing it but I was wondering how to get that multiple-voice effect with my songs.

I found that it works a little when I rap over lines in different tones and volumes but I still can't capture the full professional sounding effect. I'm not a producer, I only rap, so is it possible to achieve something like that through just rapping over lines in different tones like I'm doing now? Or do I need an actual producer for that?

Here's another example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjlFqgRbICY Kendrick Lamar starts this at 0:43.

Would love some help, thanks!

I know it's lame way to do it, but when i need effect like that i stack the same track one above the other, push, every layer 'just a little further' ahead in time line, keep doing it for say 4 tracks, the effect it pretty awesome. I did it to achieve Capella effect from a single voice, even changed the pitch a little in every track so that it seems like multiple people are singing at once.

I know it's lame way to do it, but when i need effect like that i stack the same track one above the other, push, every layer 'just a little further' ahead in time line, keep doing it for say 4 tracks, the effect it pretty awesome. I did it to achieve Capella effect from a single voice, even changed the pitch a little in every track so that it seems like multiple people are singing at once.

Got u! I tried doing that before but I was never sure if that sounded good or not. I always thought it would have a more natural sound if I the stack vocals through recording but I'll try this and see how it sounds. Thanks for the info.

you can also apply a unison effect and select 4-8 or 16 voices to achieve the same thing apply detune to obtain the spread you are looking for....

Back