Need feedback on mix.

TOBZ - Your tracks are amazing to me...I don't hear any issues sonically, but of course I am not experienced trained musician. In "War" your highs are little piercing, but other than that its really good stuff...For me its probably because i like atomospheric beats like the one's you have on your soundcloud...I will say that I appreciate EDM and your style flavors towards a Hi-Hop-EDM mix, but tbh like on Let 'em go...I would eliminate the EDM vibe around the 2:40 mark and simply introduce an 808 after the samples loops and let it ride with dimmed/screwed samples in the background...this is nitpicking...I think your mixes are fine...the rapper on "Hands in the Air" needs to mix his vocal better with the beat...it sounds too muddy...other than that man keep making good music...

Last edited:
The quality varies quite a lot from song to song, but the newer content is improving in quality. You can review this content with various hats on, each hat will consider your quality a bit different. With the pro hat on I would say that the productions are a little thin, they are not at hit level, but musically they are on a level and on a type of track that with the right crew of people, the right set of gear, the right sales and marketing channels, you could fill out what it does not have and really make it pop. So basically you are on a very interesting path right now!

I would say that there are several things you can do from here. To make it pop into being listed on charts I think you should collaborate with a famous producer to sort of get an idea what are some of the shortcomings of your productions, because at this level that perspective can be quite tricky to achieve on your own. Personally as a pro producer I would want more harmonic content, greater dynamics, a little bigger sound and some more catchy parts defining each track. You are close, but I think it would pay off to go back to production and recording and critically examine the core building blocks of your productions and how they grow during the playing of the track.

Last edited:
Golden words, thank you!
Yeah, learning from a pro producer would be ideal! But it's really hard to find and reach out to someone, especially since I don't know anyone around me who is a professional working producer. But Thanks again for the advice! I'm still having a hard time to make the tracks come out crisp clean and pumping. Like you said, they do all sound thin and lack dynamics... I'm still figuring it out, and hopefully will get there eventually.

Back