need advice

rfpro

hello, everyone

good or bad? what would you change? As far as the mixing, eq, etc.

Honest opinions, I wont be hurt if it sucks. Thanks

Last edited:
I would say too distorted, too heavy, too artificial and too compressed. I would say maybe don't bang your head against the wall with this one, but that's just my opinion, could be that I would perceive it differently with some rapping on top.

Many times when I hear the result of beat making I'm thinking for myself, yeah it's cool but why limit yourself like this when music can be so full and rich.

Overall I think beat makers should expand their influences and also go beyond the actual beat making process and use a lot more hardware...

If you decide that this is right for you, that is a creative artistic decision that is not mine to take, then I would try to bring some more excitement to the drums, add some fills, offsets etc. to make it move.

Last edited:
Agree with what DarkRed said.
Sounds like you could do with some improvement in the stereo imaging department. Brush up on theory is always a good idea.
I think if you'd add an aging effect like add a vinyl noize and crackle or am effect with rapping on top of it might make it work as well.
Drums are too distorted for my taste.
I do like the overall feel and rhythm of the whole track. Keep it up!

P.S. Your post is in the wrong section, should be here:
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...owcase-your-music-give-and-receive-feedback-/

Back