Nasal issue

Visionz

I don't know if there is much you can do. I would try opening up your mouth more or as much as possible to get most of your sound coming from you mouth. Mabye set the mic stand a bit higher and tilt your head upwards. Really concentrate on getting your voice loud enough to overcomensate the nasal sound.

I wouldn't worry about it too much, you can just make it "your" sound. Look at Lenny Kravitz, cool cat indeed, but listen closely to his vocals. He always sounds like he's got a cold or his nose rings interfere with his vocal.

yeah i think that's a good idea because i was afraid it would sound bad...how would i train my vocal so it would sound wide and warm like other nasal sounding singers like lenny kravitz... is there other technique to over come that like the one you said above?

i asked my chorus teacher and she just gave me very general tips since she never dealt with anyone that has nasal voice like me

b practice its hard i got that problem too i experiment alot though the best result i got is well i sit down and my mic stand is short but the mic is sideways and tilted down and when i rap it picks up some of my voice so it cant get much detail but i rap so its a different story but im still looking for a solution

It'd be easier to help you if I could show you what i mean but try like the first guy said to be open when u sing. like say you wanna yell at someone.. to really make them scared you would have to yell with a full and broad voice and not out of your nose. try annunciating more so your mouth isnt too closed off and try and sing out.

do you talk in a really nasal voice?

can u give me some pointers cuz i can sing without the nasal issue but when i rap then i got a voice problem

The best bet is to experiment and record using different techniques. Experiment, standing up, sitting down, laying down, upside down, etc. Record them all, what ever ends up sounding the best is the one to use.

Another example of a nasal vocalist is B-Real, dude is nothing but nasal. Like I said he works it in to his style.

werd i can work with it but my lyrics just dont agree fast or slow and i do experiment its so funny

i put a blanket behind the mic
i stood up when its like at my waist
i went closer/farther

the best one i got was when it was sideways its a C01 samson and it was sideways and it didnt pick up alot of the nasalness

Man that's a tough one. There's so much technical issues when singing, like body posture, you want the back of your neck to be long and the front to be short, breathing, how you stand or sit all kinds of stuff.

Visionz said:
The best bet is to experiment and record using different techniques. Experiment, standing up, sitting down, laying down, upside down, etc.

lmao! if i ever walk in a session and see a dude recording in these position!!!...

Back