N00b question. Chirpy Trap snares

furTrapper207

Hello everyone. Trying to find a particular snare sound for me has been frustrating lately. I'm talking particularly about the chirpy sounding snares heard in Trap music nowadays (think Carlos Slim - by Riff Raff).
I've been told in the past that this sample can be found in an 808 Mafia drum kit sample pack. Cool, I looked wasn't able to find one, and furthermore, I'm more interested in how they are engineered so that I may make my own. I have an idea of how they are made, but cannot seem to make mine sound as satisfying as those in commercially produced beats. Does anyone have a recipe for these they are willing to share, or a resource, or tutorial I can view, to figure this out? A google search on trap snares just produces stuff about bear hunting lol. Below, you will see my hypothesis on how this sound is created, correct me if I'm wrong:
Layer samples (claps, rim knocks, 808 snares, white-noise snares, sampled organic snares? This is where I'm confused), use a parametric eq, and peak the band until the chirpy sound is apparent on one or both of the layered samples, compress and reverb to taste? Is this right? am I missing something? Thanks in advance to all who reply!

Back