My songs sound not full wide or surround after panning,laying, eq,stereo separation,

I am glad to have met you here.. I know from what you post, that you know what your talking about.. it's the same at university.. it sounds like .. wtf... but the penny drops.. and you go ahhh Thanks for your input... always appreciated :)

Awesome, thanks, that's what it's about, helping each other out. :)

You aren't in a position to smack talk other producers.

Ohhh.. I was smack talking other 'producers'... Didn't mention one.. And I was including my own.. Hence dark red being one of my finest critics, and from those critics, make adjustments... Your a dickhead mate... No offence... A right proper dickhead

If someone is saying things I think are crap I have a right to point that out. I am well within the terms of this forum. You think I shouldn't because it hurts your feelings?

Why don't you ask DarkRed for examples of his work? Or why he is so slippery about providing it? Surely you'd find it useful to get examples of his first class approach.

Why don't you ask DarkRed for examples of his work? Or why he is so slippery about providing it? Surely you'd find it useful to get examples of his first class approach.

Nowhere in the forum rules does it say that in order to be a contributing member on the forum you must provide your (copyrighted) work out to the public on the forum. You are on slippery ice.

More evasion. Don't hide behind copyright. If you have worked on commercial records you can tell us what they are. You can provide links to iTunes.

You can tell us the company you work for. How would someone approach you to do a mix?

If someone is saying things I think are crap I have a right to point that out. I am well within the terms of this forum. You think I shouldn't because it hurts your feelings?

Hurt my feelings? Are you serious.. You can point out whatever you like... You think your so righteous and correct in your 'ass umptions', which are exactly that... I could be extremely honest about your work, and give you a thorough analysis on your 'skills'

Though it is plainly obvious what you believe to be the case... Dark red has nothing to prove here.. He is sharing his knowledge and because you don't understand it, you troll, and become antagonistic... That is childish..

I criticize what is said. I never personally attacked anyone. Keep that in mind.

And don't try to threaten me with your criticism. I've been making music for hours every day for decades. I've forgotten more about it than you've learned. Criticize all you want, it's of no consequence to me. You are are the one suckling on other people's words for guidance, not me.

And, BTW, if i didn't give a shit about your development as a musician I wouldn't be pointing out this crap to you. I see people being led astray by a quack and I'm pointing that out. Deal with that however you want.

I criticize what is said. I never personally attacked anyone. Keep that in mind.

And don't try to threaten me with your criticism. I've been making music for hours every day for decades. I've forgotten more about it than you've learned. Criticize all you want, it's of no consequence to me. You are are the one suckling on other people's words for guidance, not me.

And, BTW, if i didn't give a shit about your development as a musician I wouldn't be pointing out this crap to you. I see people being led astray by a quack and I'm pointing that out. Deal with that however you want.

Look man, 'threaten' is not the correct terminology, I don't get led astray by anyone...im not going to get nasty. Or buy in to interwebz arguments... If u have been making music for decades, then you would not buy in to childish interwebz jargon, or troll... Maybe we should act our ages...

We aren't here to act our age. We're here to talk about the technicalities of making music, which is exactly what I have been doing.

You engaged in personal attacks first so please don't passive-aggressively lecture me about how to act on these forums.

Last edited:
We aren't here to act our age. We're here to talk about the technicalities of making music, which is exactly what I have been doing.

You engaged in personal attacks first so please don't passive-aggressively lecture me about how to act on these forums.

Okay marcdhall, whatever you reckon... Act how you like... You are 'epic'... Well done

We're here to talk about the technicalities of making music, which is exactly what I have been doing.

And that's exactly a lie, because all you have been doing in most of your last posts has been to attack other members and especially me with negative comments who have spent my time freely helping out other members, just because you have had negative moments, ego trip after ego trip and you cannot see it.

Smoke-screening.

Hey there Mr. Smoke-screening, I just wrote a thread about the issues the engineers are facing when applying compressors. I have listened to some of your music and it definitely has dynamic issues, you are one of those that should read it. The thread is found here: https://www.futureproducers.com/for...-compression-some-issues-most-subject-526230/

Before you go crazy mad at me about me having posted this to you. Again, there might come a day when you realize the value of my sharing and will appreciate I did this to you.

Last edited:
You pass judgement on me while hiding your own work, you're a fucking coward.

And you claim to be superior for sharing? You're a fucking hypocrite.

You pass judgement on me while hiding your own work, you're a fucking coward.

And you claim to be superior for sharing? You're a fucking hypocrite.

Marc, there is no way your over 15 man, comon... teenagers behave better than this... when we grow up, it's not about how big your dick is.. or proving anything to anyone... some of the best fighters never fight, because they know how to avoid conflict, and if the shit really hits the fan, they end it as quickly as it started...

Nobody is hiding anything... just because you have your 89 tracks posted up on soundcloud... and they have had the odd hit... means nothing... some people don't like having soundcloud... or showing people their craft... others get frustrated, that they have been making music for decades, and know everything there is to know about it... yet have not sold one track...

Sometimes... people come from nowhere... not one track has been heard, they generally sweep through clubs, and the orchestrators make sure that everything is perfect for the event... You have to know your target audience...

You shouldn't be worried about how many hits your soundcloud has had, or even adding 'buy' links... if you wanted to be successful, you should upload your music to a free music page, and let people use it for free... You then get to see who your audience is... And get your 'name' out there...

Its like people trying to monetize a youtube page, that have 50 hits over 4 years... pointless... and it frustrates the people wanting to view your content...And obviously can frustrate and make the uploader bitter and twisted, that no-one has discovered their epic tunes...

Trolling people is just stupid... And this poor fella's thread has been hijacked to high heaven... just make sure you keep doing the same things over and over... for somebody who has been in the game for decades... the sound has not developed... not in your 'musical' ability... how the sound is just like... ouch.. I turn it up to half way and my ears hurt... instead of when you go.. turn me up louder...

Anyway.. no point... you will just take it all offensively...

Synapse, look at all my posts, find one example of me criticizing a person's music. ONE. You won't. You know why? I believe that only only person that can judge whether a piece of music is right or wrong is the person that made it. And thats what I tell people.

All I have been doing is pointed out that things said here are false. Which lots of other people have done too! Up until a couple of weeks ago he didn't know how compressors even work... now hes posting 'pro' advice about it. And now, for pointing out what I believe is nonsense, you're attacking me? And I'm the bad guy?

You started criticising people's work first. Remember the 'some of the producers on here' post. You threw out personal insults first. And, considering that your super-helpful, let's-all-learn-together analysis of my music only came after you got annoyed with me, maybe you should think deeply about your own motivations.

I have provided lengthy and detailed, and verifiable, information showing why DarkRed is wrong in many situations. I even gave references which he discarded as a conspiracy. But because I made 1 post making a joke you forgot all that and now I'm a troll? Do you really think there is a conspiracy hiding information about how you should mix your tracks? Why do I even have to point this out?

P.S. Thanks for all the plays this will generate.

Actually I listened to your tracks. The best one on there is the first one because, to me, it represents your musical core. The other tracks have kick, snare and hihat patterns but they don't add anything. I fell like you are adding those things to complete a genre. I don't think you need any of that.

I get it. I was in the same situation. It's like you have to complete a genre to feel like your track is valid. You add a 44 kick drum and snare and feel like you have something valid. Or the energy of those things pulls you along and makes you feel safe. It's intimidating to make a track that doesn't really on the standard kick, snare thing to derive it's presence. This is what I was trying to say in one of the other threads. I think you should focus on whats important musically and add nothing for the sake of it. There is literally nothing wrong with your mixing and DarkRed has nothing to teach you that's going to help you.

IMO you should stop worrying about mixing and think about voice leading.

Actually I listened to your tracks. The best one on there is the first one because, to me, it represents your musical core. The other tracks have kick, snare and hihat patterns but they don't add anything. I fell like you are adding those things to complete a genre. I don't think you need any of that.

I get it. I was in the same situation. It's like you have to complete a genre to feel like your track is valid. You add a 44 kick drum and snare and feel like you have something valid. Or the energy of those things pulls you along and makes you feel safe. It's intimidating to make a track that doesn't really on the standard kick, snare thing to derive it's presence. This is what I was trying to say in one of the other threads. I think you should focus on whats important musically and add nothing for the sake of it. There is literally nothing wrong with your mixing and DarkRed has nothing to teach you that's going to help you.

IMO you should stop worrying about mixing and think about voice leading.

Hey Marc,

This has gone too far... I apologise for getting involved in all of this jargon... I grew up in the trance era.. like late 90's... I was hearing all those mad tracks back then in the clubs and thinking wtf... this shit is mad... I hear it to this day, and it is still far ahead of it's time.. and will not ever be recreated the same as it was..

I am sorry if anything I said on here was offensive.. I thought you were just attacking Dark Red for his way of explaining his knowledge.. and I do, I know you won't like it 'resonate' with some of the things he says..

You have good tracks mate... it's just about finding your target audience, and getting your stuff out there...

Hi Shai Bobble, Your Songs Sounds great :)
Yea its true that the track is not using all the stereo spectrum, its because there is no frequency what u what there.
You don't need 3000 dollar gear to make a super track.
Listen to the songs that you think that are wider and analyse that sound that are going on there.....
then try to recreate :)
That's all you needed....:)
Keep Making tracks.....:)

Back