My mix is garbage! Please tear it apart

Eff V

Hey Friends!

It's been a while since I've posted--been trying to work on my mastering to get my music to a somewhat listenable level.

I don't think I'm there yet.

For some reason I always feel like my mix is always too high end saturated and the instruments seem all out of place no matter how much spacial design I put in.

So now I ask you to rip my shit apart, I need the raw feedback if I ever hope to make something good lol. Please Help!

Help!

Cheers!

Firstly I think the vocal sample you used is really of bad original quality (nothing to do your production) or you may have compressed it or added some effects which are hurting it negatively. If dealing with a bad sample you should only use a piece of it that you can blend in to the rest of the song more easily. You also need to learn to properly low and high-cut with EQs so all the sound aren't competing with each other so heavily, and then compress way harder especially when you bring in the loud parts so they're not peaking all over the place. All this should be a good start. Lots of resources on Youtube to help you

Back