My audio software makes my recording skip!! HELP ME! I

C

cel2k.com

I have my mixer hooked up to my computer and when I record to my computer and record my mix to cd there are all kinds of spots where the software program will skip (freeze for a split second). This has not happened before, but has now started happening. Help me please. How can I get it to stop making my recordings skip like that? I am using cool edit 2000 and acip pro.

There are thousands of reasons it may have worked before and might not work now. I personally wipe my HD and start fresh every 4-5 months to keep everything smooth as windows seems to degrade after awhile.

Fluff

Menergy is correct defraging your Hard drives may solve your problem, also doing a scan disk sometimes findes and fixes errors. ALso have you installed anything latly that might be running in teh background of your computer? I usually use controle alt delet to go in and manually shut down all sorts of programs that are running in the back ground such as Findfast and My virus detector.

taos

I also shut down those pesky background programs. I notice a big difference after shutting down that damn findfast.

You are probably running into problems because you are recording to the same physical HD that windows and cool edit are running on. Even if you have partitions it's mostlikely still the same physical HD. The clicks in the recording are because it can't write the music data to the disk fast enough. This is especially true if there are other things running in the background windows has to keep up with and the data is stored/accessed at many places on the disk. Running defrag will help speed disk access by grouping the file segments together so it takes less time for access to them, but if the problem persists I'd invest in another dedicated HD. They are pretty cheap nowdays. Good luck :D

Back