MV 8800 - no sound from analog input

busystarter

My signal chain: Sterling Audio ST55 Mic -> MV-8800 Analog Input

Since yesterday evening me and the guy I'm working with have been nonstop trying to figure this **** out and I'm starting to lose it so I'm gonna throw this up here and see if anyone has any knowledge to drop on this little problem.

I legit went through the recording manual that came with this piece of hardware and nothing... the analog input gain is all the way up and the master is up as well. I get a very small amount of feedback in the dB (volume) meter but no actual feedback from the mic. Only thing I can think of is maybe I have to run it through some kind of signal amplification before plugging it into the MV? The second analog input plays whatever I plug into it just fine. The microphone itself doesn't have an on/off switch that's why I'm thinking it needs some signal amplification. I dont really know. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated...

Last edited:
The ST55 needs phantom power to work. You'll either need a separate phantom power unit or a mic preamp that'll also provide pp.

thanks krushing. just got back from guitar center with the phantom power ;)

edit: For some reason the Phones output only plays through one speaker in the headphones. It doesn't have L and R its a single input. Is this the stock setup for the mv 8800? Mono headphones output? Doesnt makes sense but I can't seem to figure out how to get the stereo output from the headphones.

Last edited:
Back