MP3, Loudness and Soundcloud (Mix/Master Help Needed)

Ibah Bano

I'm working on a new track that I had a lot of fun making trying out new things. After making changes I uploaded it privately to Soundcloud and heard that the quality of the track dropped. I know that soundcloud compresses the tracks to mp3 128kbps. I want to know how I can properly mix and master my tracks to get a nice sounding track. I Also want to be able to get my songs commercially loud (and getting a better waveform in Soundcloud) like the other tracks on the site. I Have made the Mastered version and the Unmastered Version. The Pictures below also show what i have put in my master.

Limiter:
Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
Imager:
EQ:

Pure Imagination by Pixels | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Limier, imager, EQ, if it's the processor order, it's wrong. What ever you're doing, the limter must be last.
Note that the limter settings are average. You should read the manual. The imager is useless to gain volume The EQ is a shame except if you hate low frequencies.

I want to know how I can properly mix and master my tracks to get a nice sounding track. I Also want to be able to get my songs commercially loud (and getting a better waveform in Soundcloud) like the other tracks on the site.

Don't we all? Well, except for the 'commercially loud' part maybe.
I'd also like to be able to paint like Rembrandt, any tips on that are welcome too.

Back