More Power in Cubase SX 3?

Pascal21

Does anybody know how to get more power/CPU with Cubase SX3? We have enough RAMS (Cubase uses about 400MB anyway, no more)... We tuned our PC (Overclocked/Windows-Tuning) but still don't have enough CPU-Power. We have a 3.2GHz Pentium 4 and don't want to buy a new CPU.

Cheers

Cubase has always and will continue to be heavy on the CPU.

But what your sayin is absolute bollocks.

I'm running SX 3.1 on a P4 3GHZ machine with 1GB RAM.

My cpu usage is fine until i start using stupid amounts of effects & plugins.

I rewire reason to cubase and i use HALion as well and i have no problems at all.

How much CPU power do you need? If you want something more stable then you might as well fork out for a mac in my eyes. Mac's handle CPU usage a bit better than pc's.

You might wanna look into it.

Hi...
No, we want to run with Windows... Don't want to chance to Mac. My CPU usage is, like I said, a lot. I want to add some more plugins, but i can't. :( We could use a Powercore/UA-1 card, that i know...
We want to use "stupid" amounts of effects and plugins. We want to "sound-design" with different plugins and effects.

We've got the same config and I double what kang said. Our largest project was running over 20 VSTi instances with 40 audio tracks and buttloads of MIDI tracks in parallel. SX3 didn't cough even once. I suppose you've got a problem with your config.

Here are a few tweaks for XP to begin with
http://www.musicxp.net/tuning_tips.php

good luck
B#

Last edited:
Use ctrl-alt-delete to view system performance. You might find that there is a buggy active performance running in the background.

Check your config, as suggested. You might have a poor setup.

Last edited:
I know this will sound like a stupid question to alot of people and maybe yourself but are you running antivirus software, if so disable it after disconnecting the internet, some of that software is a serious cpu hog.

I tend not to use the internet a whole lot on the pc I use for digital recording because of virus reasons and how it can wreak havoc on your system. If I have to download some items that are musically related or do some research on the same content I will but otherwise, I stay clear as much as possible.

Back