Mixing Problem on my beats

Lox_

Hey FP community,

I have a problem. Every time i mix my beats (basically sampled beats), i try to get the perfect result and most of the time i think i have it. But when i am trynna listen to my beats from earphones, tha drums sounds very "plastic" and just isnt the same result AT ALL.

I am using stereo monitors, which i know they are not for producing but for now are my only choice.

So my question pretty much is: Is there something i can do to mix my beats better with my stereo monitors or the only solution for better quality is to get real studio monitors?

Thank you

when someone knows what he is doing he has no problem mixing his beats even on headphones
I have seen a David Guetta video online he says I mix my projects when I travel with laptop and headphones so its not a problem for him

but when someone is a beginner even if he has 10 inch monitors that may still not get him the mix that he wants , however you sure make better decisions when you have better monitors because you can see if there is too much bass, or whatsoever problem ,

problem with headphones is that they don't have all the frequencies , they cannot go too low with the bass you can hardly hear frequencies like 250 hz , and when it comes to something even more deep like 50 hz you cannot tell what exactly happening but you have your tools on your daw that you can see frequencies those EQ , those compressors tell you what is happening so if you look on those you can make a good guess

the reason why beats don't sound good in headphones I believe it is because you did not give good enough identity to the tracks , you may be like I cannot hear my KICK DRUM on head phones, and problem with that is because you did not give any of the MIDRANGE and HIGH FREQUENCIES to the kick drum to have that kind of presence so you can also hear it on the headphones

like you maybe want to boost something like 5 K , to the kick drum, maybe something else if your HIGH frequencies are already busy with a bunch of hats or whatsoever

Last edited:
So bottomline, I can get a pretty good mix with my stereo monitors by pretty much using EQ better?

So bottomline, I can get a pretty good mix with my stereo monitors by pretty much using EQ better?

Checking the mix on different systems and going back and making tweaks could also help you if buying studio monitors is not an option right now.

I'd also suggest buckling yourself down and learning how to mix properly to make sure you don't have any gaps in your knowledge/mixing technique. There are lots of great resources, books, and videos that can give you a overview of the mixing process and how to do it properly. Let me know if you need a few suggestions!

I try to reference on as many different devices and speakers as possible. If you can get a sound works well with most if not all different speakers, you're headed in the right direction

Hey FP community,

I have a problem. Every time i mix my beats (basically sampled beats), i try to get the perfect result and most of the time i think i have it. But when i am trynna listen to my beats from earphones, tha drums sounds very "plastic" and just isnt the same result AT ALL.

I am using stereo monitors, which i know they are not for producing but for now are my only choice.

So my question pretty much is: Is there something i can do to mix my beats better with my stereo monitors or the only solution for better quality is to get real studio monitors?

Thank you

Random monitors + untreated room = Good luck
Near field monitors + untreated room = Good luck
Multiple near field monitors + untreated room = A little better
CHOOSE: ->> Multiple great near field monitors + well treated room = Great

If you can't afford this, then a better option is to buy a few great headphones.

Last edited:
Back