Mixing/mastering software?????

MoZedakos

Musician & Producer
Hi, I am a hip hop producer and I don't know nothing about mixing/mastering. So, I decided to learn mixing/mastering and I look for a GOOD and FREE mixing/mastering software. Do you have any suggestion?

Thanks in advance,
MoZedakos

you have to do the mixing on your own, but landr can do a little bit of the mastering. It's not the best, and it's always better to master on your own or with a professional, but it's a new service thats pretty good.

Make sure your mix is good before you submit. It doesn't mix your song for you. It's only for mastering.

here: LANDR

Last edited:
I guess the first thing to do would be to focus on mixing and stop thinking about them as one "mixing/mastering" entity. They're separate processess, which admittedly have some overlap, but basically your mixes should be 95% there before hitting mastering - otherwise it's gonna be a "polishing a turd" situation. Mixing is usually done in a DAW, and all DAWs offer at least basic (and nowadays perfectly capable) tools for making competent mixes. So chances are you already have what you need; now you just need to learn how to use them.

Back