Mixing/Mastering Feedback, kinda question :)

ArchaeoLogist

I think i posted at right thread, if not i will delete it or you do..

So, its more question about Mastering.. i mean not really question coz i know the answer but yea..
I watched some mixing/mastering videos thru about year and a half that i am making beats and stuff like that :) (its more like hobby for me at this point to be honest but yea..)
And alot of those videos are kinda the same especially for Mastering (btw i am using FL Studio), so mostly of those masterings are like putting Maximus, done compression? with it and put Limiter and raise gain to max i mean not max but to 0db on your master channel, i hope u can understand what i want to say.. it would be the best if i could put link of some video from youtube so you can see what i am talking about?
But also which i dont like people done mastering with just few presets, like putting Soundgoodizer and Multiband Compressor and use presets.
So.. all this talk got like no reason but this :) .. i got same beat (nothing special simple beat) mastered with maximus like i said and another version with soundgoodizer and multiband compresor presets, so i am just asking you which one sounds better or should i say less shitty..

Soundcloud links :

Mixing is whole another story but it will be 2much but if you can say something about it, it would be great, Thanks
If i am able to post youtube link i will post 2 videos that doing both of these 2 "techniques" which have like 95% likes from 400k + view so.. once again thanks and sorry for long story that not saying that much..

Hmm...the first version sounds a bit dull. The second version a lot clearer but also slightly overcompressed. Set higher thresholds/lower ratios on the multiband and you should be good to go.

Yea thanks for replay, i think 2nd one is preset :) .. to me it sound lil better 2, but however dont like neither of these 2.. both are kinda weak.. i am not trying to get extremely loud , but i think its 2 quiet?

btw i will post those 2 mastering videos..

Second video is beatmaking video but at end he done fast mix/master (at 23:10 mastering) and that guy is like making pro beats with 120k+ subs.. video is kinda fast and made 2 years ago but still..

If someone have some time to check those and say something about it would help alot, thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Back