Mix sounds too quiet

Zkeeling15

i am using fl studio and when I play back my song inside of the project it is around -10 decibels however when I export it as a wave file it only peaks at around -25 how can I fix this? It is already mixed if that helps.

Have you tried raising the master volume to 0dB and exporting it? If so, what happens when you do that?

So the master channel peaks at -10 but when you export it, it peaks at -25?
How do you know where it peaks after it's been exported? Do you import it back again?

Check the master fader in the mixer and the master volume in the top left corner to make sure they are at the default position.

I suppose your master fader is set to -15 dB in order to peak at -10 dB during your bounce/mixdown/export. When your re-import the generated file in your session with the master fader at -15 dB, peaks only reach -25 dB.
Can you confirm ?

I suppose your master fader is set to -15 dB in order to peak at -10 dB during your bounce/mixdown/export. When your re-import the generated file in your session with the master fader at -15 dB, peaks only reach -25 dB.
Can you confirm ?

Yes this was the issue. I had no clue this effected the exported version. Thank you for help.

Back