Mastering in Pro Tools

DMDBeats

So I've been messing around with Pro Tools Lately and I've Notice that the songs im mixing isnt really getting louder. Can anyone redirect me to a youtube video explaining how to master or can someone tell me?:4theloveofgod::);):victory:

So I've been messing around with Pro Tools Lately and I've Notice that the songs im mixing isnt really getting louder. Can anyone redirect me to a youtube video explaining how to master or can someone tell me?:4theloveofgod::);):victory:
You've made it unclear whether your trying to mix or master.

And if you really want a mastering video just youtube it. Youtube will direct you there themselves lol. Thats what they do. But odds are your issue is mixing, and odds are it has nothing to do with pro tools.

Its upto YOU to make the mix louder, not the daw or whatever you might be talking about.

If your just trying to make your mix a bit louder you can use waves l2 or pro tools has maxim that is a limiter as well. But keep in mind mastering is a art and a whole different process then mixing.

leave mastering till after the mix is done

you could whack a brickwall limiter on the end of your master fader if you want to have a fake loudness effect but you should always take it off between checking new mix choices so that you don't get fooled by the limiter into thinking that something is/is-not sitting in the mix properly, i.e. that limiter will make you think you have solved problems or that you have problems that don't exist

Back