Mastering Example of a Psytrance Style track (Analogue vs Digital)

Synapsis

The Mepsyah's Dipsyples
So I got one of my tracks Mastered by this guy in Spain.

The genre i do is mainly techno/Trance style beats...

I mean, I had a look at the waveform when I got it back from the Master engineer, it is hard limited, where I like to keep a bit of dynamics in the mix and not squash it... Though the Master level coming back from the Engineer is louder, and a bit cleaner.. I just thought some people could see if it's worth 45 Euro for the difference? I assume if it sounds the same accross different speaker platforms it is always worth it...

What do you guys think of the Stryker version? (Mastering engineer)

To be honest apart from it being louder, I don't hear that much of a difference. It puts the synths more upfront, which is nice.. but it doesn't sound like something I couldn't achieve with a nice limiter.
If you send me the unmastered track I'd be willing to test that theory too. I'm curious to see which one you'll like best.

Like night and day. And that's "just" mastering. It's all about hardware. BTW. nice progress you've made since last time, I hope you will now transition to contemporary country, check out Lady Antebellum's latest album. Oh so sweet. :p

Last edited:
Hey Dark Red, long time no see ��, hey local, I can send u the unmastered track if u like, I mastered the before track digitally, and the after was analogue, I did notice the low end was a bit tighter in the analogue master, and it was louder, where should I send it?

Hey Dark Red, long time no see ��, hey local, I can send u the unmastered track if u like, I mastered the before track digitally, and the after was analogue, I did notice the low end was a bit tighter in the analogue master, and it was louder, where should I send it?

�� Not necessary, I am able to assess what that roughly amounts to, from experience.

You are on a good track but are quickly growing beyond the potential of the type of music you are making. What I mean is that I think it would pay off for you to focus your musical energy back to yourself as a creative artist because as I see it you are now "better" than the type of music you are making. Time to reflect. By finding a music type that can lead you cause it is "before" you, there is healthy room for expanding as a creative artist, you should consider finding some meaningful route like that. Dance would maybe be a middle step, but I find you should also look into more "ether" type vibe (like Amethystium - "Ethereal" https://tidal.com/track/8160380) and even transition further into pop and as I mentioned even as far as to modern country music. For instance have a listen to Brett Eldredge's hit song "No Stopping You".

Last edited:
�� Not necessary, I am able to assess what that roughly amounts to, from experience.

You are on a good track but are quickly growing beyond the potential of the type of music you are making. What I mean is that I think it would pay off for you to focus your musical energy back to yourself as a creative artist because as I see it you are now "better" than the type of music you are making. Time to reflect. By finding a music type that can lead you cause it is "before" you, there is healthy room for expanding as a creative artist, you should consider finding some meaningful route like that. Dance would maybe be a middle step, but I find you should also look into more "ether" type vibe (like Amethystium - "Ethereal" https://tidal.com/track/8160380) and even transition further into pop and as I mentioned even as far as to modern country music. For instance have a listen to Brett Eldredge's hit song "No Stopping You".

Thanks again Dark Master for your kind words, I myself have never been into pop music or commercial type music, I certainly do feel the resonance in the "Ethereal" track.. It would only give me a quick snippet... I must say the country song 'no stopping you' is a bit different from the usual Country music I have heard...

I guess what comes out of the soul is how it is feeling at the time... I am 36 now, but still love the rave scene, and the music.. It's just what I resonate with, I feel that music, and love dancing with the vibration and energy of the people... The crazy thing is that I will probably get to 80 yrs old and still be listening to that music, and if I can still stand, be dancing at the raves ;)....

Though I do still have the peaceful side that keeps balance :)

So maybe in my later years, if I am not deaf by then, I will start heading down the "Ethereal" road, other than the 'doof doof doof doof' :)

I totally get what you are saying though... and am grateful to have had your guidance and help in this forum :)

Back