Mastering Chill Beach Vibes :)

SoulCaptive

* Sorry if you are seeing this post as a duplicate, I originally posted it under the showcase thread but thought this thread would be better and couldn't figure out how to delete the original. *

Hey Guys,

I am working on releasing an EP in Early Summer and this is the third, most complex track that I've produced for it. I am going for a chilled-out dubby/synthy beach pop vibe that I'm really enjoying making but it can be a little difficult to nail down. My issue with the track I'm currently working on is a general hollow feeling throughout. I cant get the sounds to thicken up and can't settle on what the best instrument would be to use for my chords other than the bassline that's currently holding the track together. I've messed around with compressing the lead sounds, added a vocal sample in the finale and used plenty of Serum Synths in the chorus to help liven it up, but I'm still coming up a little short. I feel that the problem could lie in how elementary and robotic the lead guitar sounds despite running through a Distortion VST and Amp Plug-in, but I also have a little bit of ear fatigue and need an outside opinion. This is meant to be the titular track on the EP so I really want to get it right. Any advice you have on how I can better master or arrange it to be more cohesive and professional sounding would be awesome. To hear this track please follow the first link below; for insight into the vibe of the other songs on the EP please see the second link for "Baby Bloomer"

Thanks in advance for your input!

Solstice: Solstice by Soul Captive | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Baby Bloomer: Baby Bloomer by Soul Captive | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Back