Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Master

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    bro, you're flyinglotus. You can do anything.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by exytage View Post
    LUFS is going to depend a lot on the material too. Very aggressive in your face pop and dance songs can easily have a LUFS of -7dB or even -6. You won't get that with some slow jazz song. Good thing streaming services lower everything to -16 (iTunes and Spotify at least), so mastering engineers could theoretically just concentrate on making everything sound as good as possible and not worry about whether it can compete with other songs in terms of loudness. So I'd say don't worry about getting your LUFS very high and instead play your part in ending the loudness war
    Yes,thats what i thought i have a song at -15 LUFS that sounds great -7 would be to harsh for me.And tbh i dont really enjoy anything about dubstep or edm its just to loud to me but thats my opinion lol im a jazzhead and hip hop head

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Epsilon-144 View Post
    bro, you're flyinglotus. You can do anything.
    Lol thats funny bro hes a big influence i wish i was as good as him 😂

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by OGBama View Post
    Instead of attempting mixing and mastering yourself leave it to pros.
    I don't agree with that why waste time and money when you can simply have good realtionships with engineers and other producers that know how to mix and master and learn from them. This aint the 50s where everyone relied on the engineers and labels lol anyone can grab a DAW and mix and master tracks as good as pensado or up to par with him but thanks for helping

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyinglotus2000_ View Post
    I don't agree with that why waste time and money when you can simply have good realtionships with engineers and other producers that know how to mix and master and learn from them. This aint the 50s where everyone relied on the engineers and labels lol anyone can grab a DAW and mix and master tracks as good as pensado or up to par with him but thanks for helping
    You're welcome and what I mean is that this is the era where people think/believe that they should do everything by themselves with little to no interaction/intervention with and/or by those who have the skills they may not possess.
    "Rap is only one end of a whole spectrum of verbal play and virtuosity. Rap is geared for aural pleasure." Rita Dove

"Talent is pursued interest." Bob Ross

Thread Information