Loudness while mastering in Ozone 7

neonreymun

Problem with Loudness while Mastering in Ozone 7

View attachment master3.mp3 i have attached a song i produced, recorded, mixed and "mastered" so you can get an idea of what im referring to

hi im new on here and recently purchased iZotope
Ozone 7 advanced to master my own mixes. im new to mastering and only know some of the basic components. the problem im having is with the loudness of my masters. i always use a reference track like recommended but i notice that when i turn up my mixes / masters they become way too loud. this never happens with my reference tracks and i am wondering why it happens to my stuff. for the particular song im working on right now i have set the ceiling to -0.6 dbs and the threshold to -8.2dbs in Ozone's maximizer. this is the level of loudness i think fits best for the song. it is not peaking at all within Ozone or in my DAW, so i am confused as to why its way too loud when i turn it up in my headphones or monitors. my peak and RMS are fairly close to the ones on my reference track. at a regular volume it sounds fine, the dynamics are there, the vocals are clear, the production sounds good (to me), but my ears become irritated when i choose to turn it up. Turning the limiter down will only lower the overall gain of the entire song and i dont want that because it will be way too quiet, so i dont think the problem has to do with that but then again i have no idea. the overall gain of the song is either way too harsh, or not loud enough! i cant find the sweet spot, so i am wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction, thanks!

***decided to repost this thread without the "help !!!" in the caption because i was unaware we weren't supposed to do that lol :cool:

Last edited:
Back