As loud as edm!

CIVY

Hello guys!

I have been producing for a few years now and have been making track after track.
over that period of time I like to think that I have improved my mixing technique but
I have always had a problem on getting my track loud.
does any of you have some very important mixing tips on how to improve your mixing
and how to get it loud?

Use a reference track while mixing too. This will give you an idea of the relative levels of each part of your track along with how much compression and EQ maybe needed.

If used effectively, you should get you track to sound as loud as others.

Use a reference track while mixing too. This will give you an idea of the relative levels of each part of your track along with how much compression and EQ maybe needed.

If used effectively, you should get you track to sound as loud as others.

that technique really confuses the shit out of me I tried it once but then I got lost,because the reference track is already fully mastered and mixed so how would i know which level to put each track on?
so that when I later put an compressor and limiter on the master it will sound the same?

Hello guys!

I have been producing for a few years now and have been making track after track.
over that period of time I like to think that I have improved my mixing technique but
I have always had a problem on getting my track loud.
does any of you have some very important mixing tips on how to improve your mixing
and how to get it loud?

Compress/limit your individual tracks more.
Use compression/limiting in series to avoid making the compressors "choke" the signal.

Instead of a -12 db compression with 1 compressor, compress -3db on each compressor with 4 compressors.
Same gain reduction, less artifacts.

Then master to taste.

Last edited:
I would say make it a bit louder and fix the things that get squashed, and repeat this process a few times.
Sometime your drum samples would need to be replace, so the punch doesn't die in the process

there is no one things. Its doing every little thing right and gain staging properly the whole way through to use every little bit of headroom you can productively. Then when it all adds up you have enough space left to boost it up in the master.

Look into proper gain staging, subtractive EQing frequencies you dont need(not only problem frequencies), etc...its all just general mixing knowledge all used in different scenarios to come up with an end result. There will never be one single thing you can do.

Back