Looking for tips when recording vocal takes

StanleySteamer

Hey guys, so I have this beat I made and I am working on recording this intro and hook I have. So I have my intro on one track with my just talking some random stuff with delay on it and then Im getting into my hook. The problem is my intro sounds really good like I got good tone and sound and all that but when I go into the next track to record my hook I can never get my vocal tones or volume or sound to match the intro. It doesn't sound very well blended even as I mix as I go along. I am wondering how you guys record or if you know how other professional artists record? Would it be better to try to nail the intro and the hook on the same track since the hook comes on first right after my intro? I have been trying to get this recording down for a while now and I can't seem to do it so far all I have is a well recorded intro which I feel like I could easily replicate if I needed to but I am having a hard time recording other parts that sound similar in tone and volume. Any feedback would be much appreciated on how I can get better takes recorded.

welll you want the hook to sound different. try stacking the hook and adding some compression. but the act of recording def rap vocals get right up on the mic. and always check your levels.

it is difficult to match vocal recordings and performances in general when you record them on different days.

You are in a different frame of mind, the weather is different, etc, etc.

Back