Logic Pro X bass recording

dclaudio

Hi guys
I'm new to the forum, so sorry if this was exposed before.
I've been trying for a while to record my basses (Sire V7 and EB MM Stingray) into Logic Pro X, using a Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 and the results are awful. No matter which amp emulator, which EQ, which bass... passive active, pre amp tweaked... it always sounds bland, low, distorted and just not right.

Is there any way to get a crisp, clear, clean sound just as if I was getting the sound out of my amp?
I've been asking this question to different people recording directly into their DAWs on YouTube for quite a while now, and they always say that they just plug and play. I just think, my equipment is quite good it just can't be.

Any suggestions will be massively appreciated.

Cheers!

:)

Can you post examples of how it sounds, with & without amp emulations? While I didn't go through the trouble of auditing that many amp sims, my similar problem was solved by a SansAmp Bass Driver DI pedal - it just sounds better like that, with minimal tweaking. Not saying that it's the solution for everybody, because amp tones are...amp tones, and while emulation has gotten really good, it's often hard to get the same feel from them. But often, at least for me, a little simple analog crunch does the thing in a much more straightforward way than twiddling endless hours with emulation settings.

Back