Logic help

Fluffy

Hello there. I'm using logic 9, and I need tips. I don't quite get how I'm supposed to separate sounds.
I've got this pianomelody going, as well as a synth, but they clash. How do I make one sound "higher" or more in front than the other?

Also, like if I have one spesefic track, I know I can pan the sound left or right. But what if I sort of want the sound to be higher on each
side, but lower in the middle? Apart from making to tracks and pan each of them, is there a way to do this?
I imagine this tool where you see the sound as a line, and you just drag it down in the middle, so there's high sound on the sides,
but not in the, well - middle.

Thx ^^

Panning the sounds to the left and right is the best way to hear both of them clearly and will create a more stereo sounding track. When you say you want one track to be "higher on each side but lower in the middle" do you mean higher frequencies. As Panning is the balance in volume between the left and the right speaker, having equal amounts of high frequencies on each side will put it in the middle of the stereo field. There are plugins that can allow panning of individual frequencies to the left and right, like multi-band panners.

Back