Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Link/screenshot inside, I would appreciate some help! Thanks :)

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    Also you could send me the raw vocal track and the music track, and I could mix it for you and detail what I do step by step... That way you could see what to do and replicate the process. Just a thought.

Thanks
    Download multiple files from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way there is my raw vocal track and beat, feel free to try if you want

Thanks
    Redverb explained quite well.
    Also, you must admit that your processing chain has its priority. What does that mean? It means that its order has its impact. Right now you have: Compressor/EQ/Reverb/Delay/Soundgoodizer/limiter, thats your chain. And if you change that to EQ/Compressor/Soundgoodizer/Reverb/Delay/limiter you will have other sound. Because compressor will impact on EQ-ed sound and Soundgoodizer on Eq+comp sound, then reverb will unite them all and so on. So, just 1 change in order will change your sound, remember that.

2nd, if you mastered your master-bus, it will impact on already pre-mastered beats, which will lead us to distort/crash/clips. Because it will be like twice mastered for beats. So, there are 2 options: master your song separately and then mix with beats - OR - make a group for all your mix except beats and master that group. But usually mastering group has quite other colours compare to mastering master-bus.

I think Redverb will help you with that
    I can help you with everything related to EDM. Tips, tricks, tutorials.
    You can also check my royalty free music - https://www.acousticbro.com

Thanks
    How to know if a beat has been mastered, for exemple if I download a beat from youtube, in my mind they are probably mastered if they put it on youtube that would make sense. So what you are saying is that I should take off the beat, master my vocals, make a WAVE of that, reopen fl studio, put both WAVE of my vocals/beat and make a wave of that for the final song. Sounds like a good plan.

Thanks
    Xandie said some very important things!! So many people learning how to mix overlook the fact that your processing chain will COMPLETELY change by changing the order of the plugin chain...this is a VERY good point!

After downloading the two stems I noticed two things right away...

1. The stereo instrumental is on edge of distortion.

2. Your lead vocal isn't dry... you have processing on you "raw" vocal.

You should do your best to make it a habit to always cut your vocals without any sort of processing being printed to them...vocals should not have printed effects on them.

As far as the stereo instrumental goes...do you possibly have a version with a little more headroom?

Thanks
    Download VieD'Epinesverse2.wav from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way verse raw (on the link I sent you, the verse was raw, but there was a track on the master that had some effect on it sorry).

Thanks
    So Redverb, do you still plan to show me how you do it? Just wants to know what is up with you

Thread Information