laptop recording?

K

kev_troy01

hey everyone, im getting a laptop and im just wondering can you record ur music from ur decks to a laptop? (like u do on a computer)

cheers...

some laptops dont even have a STEREO AUDIO LINE IN connector, be careful... you may only have a microphone input (bad and mono).

look behind yoru laptop and see which audio inputs you have.. then you just need a cable to connect the LINE OUT of your mixer to the LINE IN of the laptop.

and then you need an audio capture program, like COOL EDIT or SOUND FORGE and you can record WAV files off what you send in

yup...
if you don't have a line in though... isn't there some sort of USB adapter you could get?

I was also thinking of getting a laptop so I could do some editing and maybe some minor recording when I'm away from my computer.... well, not for a while though. I gotta start saving.

Lead

I have a laptop and I have been recording my mixes onto it for ages now.

If you go into your nearest electronics store they do a lead that has one end... RCA lead and other head phones type lead.

Thats what you need but the kid above had a very valid comment dont buy a laptop that has a mono microphone input (ooucch!!)

Any other questions email me and ill do my best to answer them.

Also you should get a copy of Real Producer!

That compress's an hours mix to 30 meg!

Regards

Deejay Bee
www.thedigitalvision.co.uk
deejaybee@thedigitalvision.co.uk

for mp3's, i have often found that ProTools has an optional addition which creates excellent mp3 format of ur tracks ... i'm all stoked about this, cos i just mustered up enough courage to join mp3.com. i hear they pay better than napster.

Re: Lead

deejay bee said:
. . .If you go into your nearest electronics store they do a lead that has one end... RCA lead and other head phones type lead.
I finally figured out what that cord is called: "mini to twin". . . tadaaah!

Back