Just reached the mixing&mastering stage of my music carrer.

if you want me to focus solely on the mix you need to work with eq and compression, it seems that your voice sits ok on the mix its just not leveled right if you know what i mean. you voice needs a little more compression and you can eq the beat a little better. nice song tho. has potential

I agree. You need to work on the balance and EQing.

I can hardly feel the kick and the snare is barely audible.

First off, that beat is epic! Simple and super catchy. And your lyrics go well with it and you have very good timing in your rapping. You should:

Put an eq on every channel except the Kick and high pass filter it to 100 hz. Vocals & snare a little lower, like 80-90 hz. This lets your kick drum come through instead of being masked by everything else.

Denoise your vocals using whatever program you use, followed by the high pass filter mentioned above, then compress the vocals. Try "parallel compression" on your vocals using something easy like

Download Free Leveling amplifier plug-in: TLs-3127 by TbT.

Parallel compression doesn't take forever to learn and it sounds awesome. Most bang for the buck. You will have to watch a quick tutorial or something on how to parallel compress though, I don't want to write 5 paragraphs on it when u can watch a quick video lol.

And I'd be wary about mastering. It requires a specially trained ear and a multi-thousand dollar room to do correctly. Get it mastered online for cheap instead.

BUT what you CAN do is put a compressor on the master track and compress your whole song by 1-3 dB. It's called "mix glue" and helps your whole song feel more cohesive.

Hope that helps! Great music overall!

Last edited:
Back