industry standard plugins on the master mix in FL Studio?

pinkwarrior235

Hello,

I was wondering if there is a sure-fire way or an industry-standard method of using certain plugins
on the master mix channel in FL Studio to master your track? For example, I have FL Studio's Maximus
plugin and obviously theres tons of other free plugins in FL Studio like stereo enhancer, equo, etc. When
mastering a track, what kind of plugins should be used (DO's) and what are DON'Ts? Any methods that work
great for people that you kind've always go by or is mastering more of just a try anything?

I've had luck making a track sound good using Maximus' 'Max Loudness' setting but personally think a lot of
the other ones sound mucky and really bad.

Anyways, just looking to hear some expert advice on mastering in FL Studio if possible. What to use, what not
to use...

You shouldn't use any plugin you don't know what it's doing.
You should do any processing that's necessary for a good sound.
There's no 1,2,3,4, music production ain't about painting by numbers.

Last edited:
Industry standard should be rephrased as "most popular choice by professionals"
Because in all honesty there's stock and thousands of thirdparty alternatives out there that do the same thing and probably have more features than what's currently known by the masses to even bother arguing about the pros and cons of using mclass over ozone.

I dont think there are any standarts for this bro. However the problem with fl studio is its sound summarizer. It just seems like there' s some kinda decompresser built in. Maybe smart thing to do would be to track it out and master it somewhere else?

I dont think there are any standarts for this bro. However the problem with fl studio is its sound summarizer. It just seems like there' s some kinda decompresser built in. Maybe smart thing to do would be to track it out and master it somewhere else?

I've worked with Fruity for years and never noticed that..
But yeah there are no standards for mastering.. other than people generally use compressors, limiters and equalisers. Everybody has their own preference though. There's a couple of good suites out there.
Izotope Ozone is good bang for the buck.. especially if you want LOUD.

Don't go crazy with it.. Unless you have a professional setup, acoustic treatment and all that jazz you won't be able to hear what you're precisely enough to make good masters anyway.

As for the proces, there's a ton of good Youtube videos out there on it that can teach you the basic concepts.

Back