i'll start!

D

Dj stretch

Well since no one else has posted in this forum, i'm not entirly sure if i'm on the right subject, but i just wanted to say to anyone with any money, BUY A KORG KAOSS PAD! It's got every effect you could possibly want, and it uses a realy good realtime interface (a touch sensitive screen). I hear you can get a mixer with the kaoss pad built in, but apparntly the mixer sucks dick, so its a bit of a waste. I would particuly like to recomend effect number 18, as being one of the coolest effects know to man, woman, and cycium x (whatever he may be)

does no one have anything to say on this forum? From the title, i'd have thought it would be pretty useful?Afterall, a good song is nothing if it doens't have the right effects:)

the kaopss seems like a good machine to get when you are mainly a dj. I think it's cheap too, which is good.

this forum is very new (Studio Effects) so I would give it a few more days before people start replying to threads :)

take care! :cool:

cool !

:D cool ! !

i've been searchin all over the net !
for equip. and wow alot of good stuff !

i think that

Gemini

and

Kaoss :p

are the best stuff too buy

maybe even american dj theres so much equip. too find out ya cant keep up haha

ah yes ! effects are the an audio engineers life saver ! used in the right way they can make a dull song sound alive ! and well vice versa :p :D

im a bit confused here though... are we talking about STUDIO EFFECTS or dj tools?

Because in the studio, you want to get something else than kaoss or americandj stuff... a few GOOD dedicated racks are musts to get: a rock solid reverb, a great chorus processor, and a good compressor.

;)

I was talkin about studio effects :) I agree with mano on dedicated racks for each effect. makes things a whole lot easier and makes for a very clean sounding song. something that gets overlooked with dj effect processors is the singal to noise ratio its is just not feasable to use dj tools in a studio unless u have some sort of noise reduction tool or well cant find that effect in a studio processor

if you've got the money, then yeah, dedicated racks are probably the best way to go, but if you dont (or you justwant something diffrent) then the kaoss pad is a good alternative. Its got a lot of effects, a basic sampler, and good realtime controll. It's also great as a live effects unit to take to gigs. I would disagree that it is only for dj's as i use it in my band set up, and "korn" have used it in not only many of thiier songs, but in the final studio production of their best selling album "follow the leader". Another good thing about using one effects unit for ots of purposes and effects, is that it gives a feeling of contiuity.

Alesis Vs Korg

The Kaoss Pad is quite kewl and all....

But I think the Alesis Air eFX is way 'cooler'.
I preffer the Infla red Sensors then the 'pad'.

Akira - I Do It LIVE -
www.nexdna.com

Re: Alesis Vs Korg

Akira said:

But I think the Alesis Air eFX is way 'cooler'.
I preffer the Infla red Sensors then the 'pad'.
[
I take it that your not a smoker, and that you havn't used the air fx live. I know this because i had the air fx, and found out it's major hitch the hard way. The hitch is that the beams are sensitive to smoke (form ciggarets and smoke machiens) and powerful spotlights. This means that the smoke and lighting can controll the effect! If it wasn't for that, and the fact that waving your hands in the air makes you look like a cripple, then the air fx would be "cooler", but the fx on the kaoss pad are (in my humble opinion) far better.

Back