I need professional Mixing/Mastering assistance!

Vitrik

Mixing/Mastering assistance?

Hello! My name is Vitrik and I'm releasing my debut album at the end of the year. I'm just trying to make it sound legitimate and professional. For years I feel I have been close to this but at the same time so far away, like I'm missing something. No matter what I do, they sound amateur in comparison. ESPECIALLY vocals...

-
-
-

So for the metal genre, I have this song. I want the choruses to feel like Killswitch and the verses to feel like a mix between marylyn manson and nightmare before Christmas. It feels like the blend is way too crowded and I'm not sure how to balance the effects of the vocals and the instruments. It sounds mushy, and also lacks oomph. Tips?
Dropbox - What do you Fear_ demo.wav (metal)

This one is the simplest of the three and yet it still feels out of place. The mix and master seems weak to me. The vocals feel out of place from the rest of it and the rest of it feels bland. I don't need overproduction on this one, just tightness and solidarity.
Dropbox - mask-demo.wav (soul)

This one needs to be super over-produced and as such will be very difficult. Already it's proven to be a big headache and I don't know how to proceed with it. Some musical production advice would also be welcome here, should any come to mind. The goal though is still that professional quality sound.
Dropbox - fix yourself.wav (pop)

Last edited:
Hey man, don't get me wrong with what I'm about to say, but you want "professional help" and then "pay you back in artist support". People who do professional work have been learning their craft for many years. Do you think it is cool or fair to ask for free work?

PS: anyway, I liked the metal track.

Hi Vitrik,

What isn't professional:

• Asking a service for free
  • Using awful text enrichment in your post.

Seriuously, all your tracks are OK and don't sound amateur. But they can be impoved.

What do you fear
The voices are over mixed in the chorus.

Mask
Could be perfect with some mastering.

Fix yourself
Too loud, distorting, hard clipped. All waisted at mastering.

oh.. yeah you guys are definitely right. My apologies. It was my first post and I think I misunderstood what the forum is all about. I've changed the original. Thanks

No problem.
Your music sounds nice, but it needs work on both mixing and mastering (which are really two separate things). You recognized that your tracks need work, and that's the first step in developing a good hear for mixing things correctly. My advice: try to find tutorials and read different books on vocal processing, instrument mixing, etc.
Good luck!

Back