how too timing a track ?

arastoo

Arastoo
hi. i have a question..
im working on my new EDM track .. its good but i want too know how much time is needed from verse 1 > untill drop. and the main drop should be 40 sec or 1 min ? or lesS !!!
help pls.. i dont want too make it boring :P so help plx

thanks #Arastoo

how long is that piece of string again? go for as long as you think is not boring then add 10-20" - seriously that will be about the best method you can use otehr than test listens with punters (potential audience)

I would go away from the track for a day or two and come back to it. Just do a full listen through and see what your first impressions are. If you find yourself wishing it was shorter/longer than do what feels right to you. Also get others to listen to it if you can, especially people who are not "music savvy" as they won't be listening for content as much as just the general feel of the song. Hope this helps.

You know what's great about music? Every song is different! There is no set time for when a drop should be in the song! IT'S YOUR SONG. It's ultimately what you are feeling and what you feel is right!

- Marcus

Do both....listen to the track again later in the day (or the next day). The track will LITERALLY tell you which one to choose.

Back