Thread: How to stack large chords like illenium/porter Robinson

Thanks

How to stack large chords like illenium/porter Robinson

Sign in to disable this ad
    How should I stack my saws to get that huge sound?

Thanks
    I think there are many ways to achieve the sort of sound you're after.. I've been lately experimenting with an old school method of a short ~20ms slapback delay.

Most producers (in EDM) would generally use multiple instances of the same soft synth pitched an octave up or down (+- 12 semitones) or the notorious -5/+7st trick which may work in some cases, but when it's overdone it sounds very generic and can use a lot of CPU.

Layering in general is a form of art and involves very precise EQing and panning.. also lots of compromises because of the stereo to mono conversion. In my opinion it's better to get one lead (maybe even a mono one) sound great and work from there..

Thanks
    To get that huge sound I fine that if you stack octaves and add in 9ths and 11th to your cords it makes it sound fuller and bigger.
    Dope Rapper Follow Me on Soundcloud! https://soundcloud.com/djmuhal3000 Twitter Follow Me on Insta: https://www.instagram.com/djmuhal/ .salute to the fellow producers and Artist!!

Thanks
    Another way you could help the saw sound fuller is to use multiple oscillators.
    Along with panning, you can slightly detune the oscillators a few cents in opposite directions to give it more variance.

Thread Information