How to pull vocals out of a beat (make my own acapella)

metrodollar

Yo what up FP does anyone konw how to pull vocals out of a song to make my own acapellas???? If so is it possible to do it in fl studio.....or what software would I need to complete this process??? If you guys have any tutuorials on this that would be the business. Thanks

I've tried to look this up before and never found anything. From what I've read you can't on most songs because the vocals and instrumental are both in 1 track. You could only do it when there's 2 different tracks for instrumental and vocals. I don't even know if that made any sense haha

Its impossible. Vocals are usually in the center channel, which you can mute using freeware like audacity.

Instruments are in the left (L) and right (R) channels. If you mute them the entire track will go silent cause you have nothing coming out of your left and right speakers/headphones. So nope, you can't. Its a lost cause.

:cry:

phase inversion or spectral removal are your best best, but the end result is usually crap so try get the project stems instead

Thanks guys for the feedback yea it looks like it might be a lost cause. But i will try the tutorials posted by crazy pellas and let you guys know how it worked out.

Apparently there is software the helps do this. Google it.

I highly doubt it works well. The best you can do is stated above... you have to be very very clever to get something usable.

you can get an OK result from very advanced EQ-ing, but you never get a clean result, and the vocals will at some point loose its "depth"

I know this is a bit of an old thread but I've found on some old stereo vinyls that have instruments in, say, the left channel and vocals in the right channel. By muting the instrument channel then converting to mono (applying some EQ in the process) you may be able to isolate the vocals. Isolating vocals from an already mixed track is near enough impossible as there would be too much background noise caused by other instruments within the same frequency range as the vocals.

Back