How perceived resonance "sounds"

1) DarkRed has yet to provide evidence he is even capable of mixing anything let alone that he is the world class mix engineer / physicist he claims he is.

2) His means for 'maximizing resonance potential' is, coincidentally, to just use high end gear. He has provided no substantive steps towards anything he is talking about other than vague approaches roughly similar to very basic mixing ideas that lots of other people talk about without mentioning 'resonance potential'.

3) Find me 1 example of a manufacturer of a compressor or EQ talking about 'resonance potential' and how that improves their sound.

4) Find me 1 example an actual credited world class mix engineer talking about any of this crap.

5) Unless DarkRed has literally no command of the English language he is not talking about resonances in the listening environment.

6) Resonances in any listening environment bigger than a violin are not going to add anything other than a couple of bumps at a few hundred hertz, nothing musical. Lower than the fundamental of most instruments let alone their harmonics. And a mix engineer doesn't 'maximise the potential' of those resonances. Their listening environment is treated to remove resonances. Their gear is designed to not resonate because resonance frequencies are systematically defined not musically correlated.

7) Harmonic distortion is not resonance. Adding harmonics is not resonance. Interference is not resonance.

8) I said nothing about your lecturer. You're mishmashing ideas together.

Let's not forget about Nassim Haramein.

This is because the science in the white world is being corrupted, confused, limited and controlled by the black world, by enforcing control through rules and regulations on universities, patent registrations, media, courts etc. to ensure there is always a difference in evolution level between the science in the black world compared to the science in the white world. This is so that power and control is always dominant in the black world. The general public accepts this equally much as they accept declassified documents 90% whited out upon creating FOIA requests.

Scientists that challenge the limitations that are being enforced in the white world are often times subject to ridicule produced by corrupt media. Haramein's work is great!

Last edited:
Obviously there had to be a conspiracy theory in there as well.

There is not so much conspiracy about his work as I see it, when you download his paper and go through it, it is great work, very elegant work overall. The conspiracies etc. is all of that additional junk labeled on top of him/it. But it is not like 99% of the scientists dismiss him, in reality it is a much much lower percentage and many well respected scientists that are "on his side" and "understand his language" so to speak. Nassim has btw. just done a new discovery (relating to certain things about the electron), he is currently in the process of producing the scientific report on it. Remember that just because there is some information out there that matches your current view about someone or something, it does not automatically become true and valid. It does not turn into a conspiracy either, it is just neutral until one does research on it, validate the sources/information and then find out is it likely true or not. In regards to Nassim, I have done so and in my books he is a genius and he is doing really important research work! But everyone is entitled to have any opinion about that, so hence the discussion becomes pretty open/never ending/self oriented when one goes in the direction of debunking vs. counter-debunking.

Last edited:
There is not so much conspiracy about his work as I see it, when you download his paper and go through it, it is great work, very elegant work overall. The conspiracies etc. is all of that additional junk labeled on top of him/it. But it is not like 99% of the scientists dismiss him, in reality it is a much much lower percentage and many well respected scientists that are "on his side" and "understand his language" so to speak. Nassim has btw. just done a new discovery (relating to certain things about the electron), he is currently in the process of producing the scientific report on it. Remember that just because there is some information out there that matches your current view about someone or something, it does not automatically become true and valid. It does not turn into a conspiracy either, it is just neutral until one does research on it, validate the sources/information and then find out is it likely true or not. In regards to Nassim, I have done so and in my books he is a genius and he is doing really important research work! But everyone is entitled to have any opinion about that, so hence the discussion becomes pretty open/never ending/self oriented when one goes in the direction of debunking vs. counter-debunking.

I think he was talking about you.

look man, I am not trying to argue with you.... If you read about oscillation, and all of that shit.. you will find answers, I am not going to bother typing internet shit to someone with a glass full.... do what you wan't and believe what you want... Though 'instruments resonating, and listening environments resonating' has EVERYTHING to do with mixing... it again, comes down to what frequencies are resonant to that room, and may be perceived louder... if the room is not treated, your mixes will sound like shit.. if you use headphones, your oblivious to how the sound is reflecting...

Anyway... If you read enough, you will learn... That is if you are fundamentally interested in how the 'signals' either 'interfere' or 'unify'... two signals in phase can create a whole array of partials, that can increase the harmonic resonance of the combined 'signals'... Though 'signals' out of phase, will fuck the harmonic phase of the sound...

Anyway..My lecturer must have been a hack,... and taught us all a load of bullshit.... take it easy man...

Yeah I don't think he's disagreeing that resonance exists....

Let me restate that: he didn't disagree that resonance exists, and he certainly didn't try to debunk low frequency standing waves and phase...

I think what he's disagreeing with is that UFO's affect our mixes and that volume faders change polarity, or how a compressor works, or any of the other non sense this guy has been proven wrong on.

Last edited:
Wrong unfortunately, you have much to learn. But I am here to help, when you accept that help of course...

Can you please just post a mix? You've been saying crazy shit in every forum and true professionals have, again and again, torn apart what you've said, and you're response has essentially been "I am the alpha and omega engineer who has risen above all of you." If we have much to learn, teach us, but you have nothing to back up anything that you have ever said in this forum. Even worse, you have had resistance from the people who have ACTUALLY taught us and ACTUALLY post their stuff. You have shown confusion on really basic things:

1) You don't know that an EQ uses phase to change a sound
2) You think volume faders change polarity
3) You don't know what dithering actually does (it is certainly not the "touch of death"
4) You didn't know until LITERALLY a month ago that compressors act on a signal and turn down the ENTIRE signal, not the specific problem frequency that is peaking over the threshold, like a multiband compressor.
5) You can't define resonance.
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...our-productions-next-level-525538/?highlight=
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...-mastering/some-advice-pro-516367/?highlight=
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...ding-mixing-and-mastering/compression-524079/
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...tering/how-perceived-resonance-sounds-525923/

You have even claimed, despite just learning what a COMPRESSOR DOES a month ago, that the information you have is commercially too valuable to be available anywhere else. I'm pretty sure misinformation about compressors isn't hard to find.

It's one thing if you have different ideas on how to achieve a good mix, but you are completely messing with people that just need basic fundamentals. People who don't know what a release knob does are being told about UFO's. Now, since you have called yourself a pro, where do you work again? What are your credits? How exactly are you making a living from your music? Because the people that actually are professionals are doing their best to make sure you don't send new people off on an expensive tangent that gets them absolutely nowhere. If you can't give us or show us anything, then it doesn't matter how much "Theorizing" you do.

Last edited:
Back