How many hours a day you guys spend your time on producing ?

Reezy

Hey guys. im just havin a bit workflow problem. its like when i spend much of time on producing i really get this ear fatigue thing and get tired too. but i wanna finish the works so if i push myself further i end up ruining things. its a major problem. How you guys deal with this?

wow .seems like you dont get this ear fatigue thing much. i get this maybe because i only use headphone's for monitoring.

the breaks are the key; that and not always monitoring loudly, which can include dropping levels on your headphones as well

I spend somewhere around 2-6 hours on any regular work day (after my day job) and probably a total of 15-30 hours on a weekend if the occasion calls for it.

Included are breaks, meals and the occasional conversation with the Mrs. :P

I understand your struggle, I had the same in the beginning. I usually I spend 3-4 hours a day on a track after my lectures, and in the weekends even more.

You got to find a good routine, like bandcoach sais, the breaks are everything.
Do something else in your break, step away from the studio environment.

Anywhere from none to all day.

I don't have established break times, but I can tell when my ears are starting to give in when I get a slight sense of relief when I hear no sound. That's when I step out.

Like they said, low monitoring levels and breaks are important, but I would also say that comfortable headphones. The AKG k702's are great monitors and are open ear. Feels like you're wearing nothing at all.

If I have work - 3-5 hours a day
If I don't have work - 6-9 hours a day

Usually take breaks to read a book, drink coffee, go outside, watch an interesting tv show, or listen to music.
All of these things usually bring inspiration or influence

you guys are inspiration really. i am just a student and stayin home almost all day still havin such issues. breaks are good but i listen to music even when im on break:D so its like i get tired very soon and then the 'no sound' break takes longer

This is very inspiring. You really have to treat it like a job! We all have busy schedules with work, family, social lives, and etc, but in the end if this is something you love, you have to make the time and effort. Thanks for the inspiration fellow producers. I need to clock in some more hours myself!

Depends on the day with me. Off day I'm spending majority of it on checking for samples and creating and tweeking stuff. Work days maybe a few hours on everything. just depends on your priorities and the time you have.

Back