How to make vocals

RoboGamer

Hi! I'm an aspiring music producer/artist. I'd like to include some vocals in my songs, which I write the lyrics of, but I don't know any singers.

I was wondering if there are any good (text-to-vocal) singing simulators for Windows? In English language, of course.
Or some collaboration sites where I could find real singers.
Even if you guys could point me towards good sites where I can find awesome pre-recorded vocals, I would be very grateful.

Thank you!

Really depending on what you are aiming to achieve, at least some decent one shot vocals can be produced quite easily by yourself:

1. Write down a few lyrics
2. Record your own voice reading/singing the lyrics with a conventional microphone within your preferred DAW
3. Cut out the parts you like the most
4. The funny part -> pitch down the recordings by a few semitones
5. Clean the results (at least by filtering the very low end and any unwanted rumbling etc.)
6. Put a gentle reverb on it

Maybe that helps. Good singers and professional recording equipment can't be replaced by that method of course, but the results should be more indivitual than simulators etc.

There are singing voice emulators. Free ones even (Alter Ego), they're quite funny, until you try to achieve any kind of realism with them.

If you want good vocals it may be worth checking for remix contests and things like that.

Thank you! So I don't really have any other realistic choices than singing myself (which I'm not good at) or finding someone to sing for me.
I've heard about Vocaloid, but it's Japanese. There are English singing synthesizers in that, but they just imitate English sounds with similar Japanese so they sound horrible.

Back