How to get sounds to not ovelrap in FL Studio?

Wassup, I have a small problem. In Fl Studio, when I'm trying record loud deep basses (Like drumma boy bass) and when they are to close to each other, the bass sound overlaps each other...& It makes it sound all distorted & terrible.. Does anyone know how to make it so I can record the bass close together without having the sound overlap?? Thanks!!

Conflict in frequencies sounds like. Move one of them up or down an octave or to another note.

you could also just make the bassnotes cut eachother out. to do this you just click on your bass sample, go to "MISC", and set the polyphony to one..

So are you saying when you hit another bass note, the first one is still playing? Try right clicking the channel and make sure 'Cut Itself' is checked..

If the first note ends before the second one starts, then obviously it has something to do with the volume envelope. Recheck your release and decay as Enigma pointed out, and if there is nothing wrong there, check to see that you aren't mistakenly adding reverb to the bass somewhere.

If the first note and second note DO overlap but you don't want them to sound bad, THEN just space them out a little more, OR make it so that they don't overlap anymore.

Last edited:
you could also just make the bassnotes cut eachother out. to do this you just click on your bass sample, go to "MISC", and set the polyphony to one..

This is the easiest way to fix it. Also if you want that particular sound you can move the notes and change octaves as well or just simply pitch them up and down.

I am having the same problem and I'll try and be frank: I am using G4 and C5 for a couple note in the Piano Roll, and I want to know how to fix the overlapping sound of the two notes, so that there will be a smooth flow? Any advice is a blessing!

Or just shorten the notes if you are in piano roll mode.

BTW-- Holy Resurrected Five-Year Old Thread!

Use your EQ to analyze the type of frequencies of both layers and see where they clash the most. Another great tool to check overlapping frequencies is the iZotope Neutron but it's got a pretty decent price to the plugin.

Back