How to get more people to listen to your tracks?

JMolter

What are the best ways to get more people to listen to your tracks without spamming random pages with your soundcloud link?

A good way is by forums like these. Comment on relvant topics to you, develop a connection with people.
but thats all bullshit really. it takes a budget - a BIG one to get peoples ears to your music

Make good stuff, work with passion and people will listen and will come back later to listen again

Step 1 is making sure your music sounds great. Step 2 is listening to others music and commenting/liking/following them. Doesn't even have to be much more than "that's a cool drum pattern" or "i like the melody of that piano" but make it personal and probably 30-40% of the time people will come check out your music too. I did this on Soundcloud and got over 300 followers in 2 weeks. Just takes like 10-20 mins a day.

Last edited:
I've always found having a video is better than just posting audio, even if the video is only an animated waveform etc like you'll see many examples of this on music youtube channels where they post random artists...just audio for some reason has never had the same amount of viewership as videos in my experience!

I think there are a couple of ways, but all involves you having great content at the foundation.

Secondly, it involves knowing where and who your audience is and how you can reach them:

Leveraging on tools like social media to be efficient and strategic in your plan (and yes, you must have a plan). Many people create a social media page but have no idea how to keep their followers engaged. Social media isn't the end all of things, but rather a useful element in your marketing strategy. Most don't use it effectively.

Be authentic to those who check out your music. Everyone wants to be heard these days while no one really wants to listen. This is why music blogs are so successful. If you're an artist, have a site with a blog section and write about other people's music (those within your genres). You'll get their fans too.

There's a very easy proper way to do that for non pros,
Showcase Your Music! Give & Receive Feedback
If you give feedback, ppl are usually willing to give you feedback back. Don't think the feedback is not gonna help you because you're both beginners. Being able to listen , recognize problems is not always the same as being able to do it yourself.
Also, make friends on this forum. Good chance you'll get to be friends with a more experienced producer who will be willing to give you feedback.
Also, don't underestimate the real world vs online contacts. Good chance there's enough know how and willingness in your neighbourhood. I've frequented hiphop dance studios which also had production classes. Also, parties. Not per se the big ones. I find those underground parties to be a massive pool of contacts of ppl engaged in music in all sorts of ways.
Then there's always trying to get your music to the big names. Which is hard if you're unknown. Like so many of us future producers. The big names we have in our head all went through this shit as well. Most of the big names out there have experienced turn downs or whatever setback. It's what you do after those that counts.

I definitely agree with making a video to go along with the track. I think strangers would be more inclined to watch and listen, rather than just listen.

I think the question needs to be rethought... "How to get more people to listen to your music... FOR ENJOYMENT?"

We all know how to do the feed for feed and have others critique our mix. Those one time plays from people who listen to your track but don't experience it. half the time it's not even a style they enjoy.

Getting a DJ to play it, doing your own gigs and playing it yourself, should be goals. Now people are experiencing your music. People including your music in their playlists when they clean, at work etc. Facebook DJ's, Digital radio DJ's that have audiences of people who listen to them.

Back