How does this mix sound ( I need advice)

84livebeats

84livebeats
Heres a track I produced anybody have any tips on how to make the mix sound clearer?

Addicted to Finessing by Renaissance(un-mixed)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah bit hard to give good feedback from youtube sound, what is sounding unclear to you though? The pads youve got panned wide are probs a bit loud Id say. Try thinning them out and/or knocking a few db off them

Everything sounds back in the mix of the beat are my initial thoughts. Is there a kick in the beat at all? If not then that's probably has something to do with it. Most of the instruments sound trapped the middle except the open hi hat pistol. I know the pad is an important part of the beat, but its fighting with the piano and wide like mentioned. On nexus adjust the low cut of the reverb for the piano. The vocals arnt bad with minor tweaks...the low mid, mid, and high mid sound fine to me.

Something that can help with your imaging is mid-side EQing. You can better control the smearing/spreading of things like reverb especially for the track you posted. Usually they are another part to a EQ, but you typically use them just like the EQ normally. Look into it.

Give us the track on Soundcloud or similar. Analysing something on YouTube is a pointless effort.

1. Too much sibilance.

2. Too much reverb on the tracks resulting in less of punch. Kick/Bass... I can't hear them.

3. Try to mute the vocals, fix the background beat by removing some of the effects. Make them just a bit more dry. Add the vocals and remix them.

Repost a re-mix and let us know how it goes!

1. Too much sibilance.

2. Too much reverb on the tracks resulting in less of punch. Kick/Bass... I can't hear them.

3. Try to mute the vocals, fix the background beat by removing some of the effects. Make them just a bit more dry. Add the vocals and remix them.

Repost a re-mix and let us know how it goes!

Thanks a lot

Back