How do you make a mix group in protools?

J-MASS

Im using protools 7.0 and Im trying to group four tracks together to turned up together in my mix any help on how this done? Thanks.

do you want to put them on a bus or just turn them up? If so ctrl click on them will link them. ( i think havent use pt in awhile but if not look up the word link in the help )

I don't know if your using PC or Mac, but in the mix window; click on the names of the tracks you want in the group. If there is more than one, which you said there is 4 then your gonna want to hold shift to select more than one. If the tracks are not right next to each other, then on PC I think you hold "cntrl" to select multiple tracks that are not next to each other. After you have the tracks you want selected, (depending on PC or Mac) you hit "command+G" it then will give you an options box so you can tell it what to link. **CAUTION** I think if you bottom or top the faders out while they are in a group, they lose there relationship, and they all even out. So when you have the faders in the group, at the level you want, don't top or bottom out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back