HOW DO I RECORD VYNIL TO COMPUTER???? AND THEN TO CD???

how to

all you need to do is get a softwear program that allows you to reocrd any input into your soundcard, then all you do is run your turntables into your mixer, your mixer into your soundcard in the back of ur computer it is usually an 1/8in jack, you will need to goto raidoshack and get a 1/4 to 1/8in jack cable. You should hear your record playing through your speakers on your monitor. Then click record.
Acid Pro works well.
IF YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT... =) GOTO A LOCAL MUSIC STORE AND ASK A SOFTWEAR GUY.

DJ INZI

Cool Edit 2000

Once you have your hardware setup,
you can go to

http://www.tucows.com

and download a copy of Cool Edit 2000 (shareware)
which you can use to record your records and create a wave file.

Your CD burner probably comes with software to
help you burn your wave files to a CD (Adaptec Easy CD).

Read the Help for step-by-step procedure to burn CD.

[Edited by menergy on 04-11-2001 at 12:16 PM]

Steinberg's Wavlab allows you to record into the program and then back out to a cd.

OK, I have done everything in this post and I still cant record. I get sound out of my sound card. I can record, but the quality is really crap. please help

Explain "quality is really crap". Is the volume low? Is it only recording left side? etc. What kind of sound card are you using? If you are using Windows go to you volume/speaker icon (lower right usually), double left click > options >properties, click on recording. Now make sure you have selected "line", hit ok and check the volume .

There could be all kinds of issues you just have to plow through them one by one.

Also on some mixers, such as the Pioneer DJM-500 there is a small knob on the back which can adjust the volume (in addition to the master and channel volumes). Make sure that is all good.

CAKEWALK PYRO

Hey man, St. John has good tips for recording. Make sure that your volume on the line in part of the recording section of volume control is up so that the beat level meter just barely touches red on really loud hits. That's a perfect setting.....And make sure that line in is, in fact, SELECTED:o

For everyone out there recording in WAV format. Cakewalk Pyro is an awesome program. You can get the unregistered version online, but it only lasts for 30 days. The software in the store cost $40. The good thing about this software is that after the recording, you can go back and split tracks so your whole set/disc isn't one track.

PEACE Y'ALL

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the help st. john. That was my problem, the line was not selected in my recording properties. Thanks a lot. Keep spinning

Here is a tip for Cool Edit 2000 users:

After you record your wave file and before saving it, invoke the Analysis feature (under Tools menu or something).

It will look at your wave file and tell you how many "clipped" samples you have. The closer to zero, the better. The analysis display also tells you the max peak value. Under-recording can have it's problems too.

However, clipping will cause noticeable distortion in your recordings.

If the analysis display indicates alot (or any) clipping, reduce the input volume then re-record.

Last edited by a moderator:
cheers blokes, if i am recording to a minidisc player, should i use the optical recording over the inpuit jack recording???

Back