How do I make my trap beats sound less muddy?

Hi man. I think it's just a workflow prob. Your beats got lot of potential. I think it's lot of volume issue, I mean your lead sound to low put the vol higher on this and put your bass low. Don't be afraid to put the vol of your bass down you will still hear it, I swear. In second time, I suggest a lil sidechain on you bass to let the place to your kick.

Layer your lead could help too, it's make your lead sound better. In fact you got really smalle struggle. I suggest you to watch this Mr Diffrerent video to learn how to mix your beat : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dKVnk3P92s this video helped me to get my beats mix to another level.

If you need more help to mix your beat hit me up in private.

Peace

y i think this is tight. It could just be minor frequency issues. Try moving the freuequncy of the synth around to find a range that sounds cleanest. It's good though. I like the bassline a lot.

Hi man. I think it's just a workflow prob. Your beats got lot of potential. I think it's lot of volume issue, I mean your lead sound to low put the vol higher on this and put your bass low. Don't be afraid to put the vol of your bass down you will still hear it, I swear. In second time, I suggest a lil sidechain on you bass to let the place to your kick.

Layer your lead could help too, it's make your lead sound better. In fact you got really smalle struggle. I suggest you to watch this Mr Diffrerent video to learn how to mix your beat : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dKVnk3P92s this video helped me to get my beats mix to another level.

If you need more help to mix your beat hit me up in private.

Peace

Thanks for the help bro, I'll check the video out and try to work on the flaws you pointed out, nice to hear someone say it has potential, really appreciate it !

one simple thing

cut small amount around 200 to 500 hz from each instrument, the mud comes from there
Also if you use Reference track from the start I dont think you will end up with a muddly mix

Last edited:
Back