how do i hook up

Mr.MeToo

hey everyone I have a question how do i hook up my MotifES rack and RolandXR to come out the same montiors. Is there something i need to route it that way cus i wanna use sounds from both of the machines. I have a M-audio project mixer. Do i need some other machine that route the audio to one set of Montiors?

The motif goes in the "instrument in's" on the mixer......and the same goes for the fantom you got there, then the monitors will go into the stereo out's on the mixer.

yeah i tried that but i get no sound when i hit the keys, When i record my beats i use the Instrument ins on my mixer and it works just fine but when i try to make a beat and i plug in the Motif and Roland in my mixer i get no sound?

could it be a software thing? cus i use FL to make my beats and i use albeton live to record them.

Last edited:
You will likely need to have your computer on to use your audio interface/control surface as a mixer. It's likely something in your control panel where you enable monitoring for your inputs. By defaults, monitoring will be off.

For example I make all of my beat using Fl studio my ProjectMixer is used as my audio card in Fl so when i plug my montiors in i can hear the metronome, But if i wanna use my Motif rack i have to plug in my montiors to the rack in order for me to hear what im doing. Now i can make beats this way but when i want to use the sounds from the Fantom as well i cant cus then i would have to plug in the montiors to it. This is my problem getting everything to one sound source like sending everything to my mixer, My mixer has 8 Ins & mic inserts. I know how to record the beat off the Racks and turn it into a wav format, just using the Ins in on the mixer and the audio outputs on the racks. Im just having trouble making a beat using both the machines. Thanks alot for help really appreciate it

Yeah, just have to enable monitoring so that you can hear what you plug in without having to record everything first.

The M-audio Delta 1010LT control panel calls the tab "monitor mixer". There you can create "monitor mixes" of your inputs/outputs by moving the sliders up, therefore enabling monitoring of what you have plugged in.

Back