How do I export from Audacity to FL Studio ?

justanuser

Hello guys. I've been playin around with Audacity for a while now. It's extremely easy to understand and easy to use. But for me to Mix and Master my raps I was told I would need a good DAW to do that. I want to use FL Studio for M&M, but I want to use Audacity for some other stuff which might be easier to do in Audacity. Im going to record the main vocals in Audacity, and silence the parts of the song where I don't say anything, so there's no noise and etc... but I have no idea how to export the vocals from Audacity and how to import them in FL Studio. Is there any requirements as in the formats that I save it in or... I'm a bit confused so help me out please :D Thank you very much for your time and effort :o

Last edited:
Highlight what you want to export then File>Export selection to WAV. Save it in your Fl Studios folder under "samples" and it will show up on the bottom of your file list on the left of FL Studio.

In FL, you can change what folders show up in the file browser. Since you use 2 audio applications, I'd make a folder that is quick and easy to export to and import from.

Back