How to achieve this Reverb (?) on the snares on my track?

klzbeats13

Reggaetonero
Hi guys. I'm almost done with this track. I'm working on my mix and getting all of the sounds clean and in their place. Right now I'm focusing on my drums. I think my kicks are fine and the bass line should be louder, but, as of right now, my snares are sounding plain and in the center of the mix.

I'm trying to achieve a reverb (I think that's what it is) similar to the snares used in this song (the main drum line starts at around 00:20):

Here's a sample of my track so far: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwMohGqRb7CuZFN1U3FjdkxyMVU/view?usp=sharing

What techniques should I use to achieve a similar sound. I tried messing with the built in Reverb plug ins on FL Studio but they all sound airy and do not produce the same effect. Any help would be awesome. Thank you!

Check out the toontrack's drum lines, I am sure if you search genre-related you'll be able to find that kind of drum recorded.

Superior LINE

I checked out the site but I feel like those packs are for actual drums. Reggaeton drums are synthesized from a drum machine. I checked out the different packs they had and I didn't hear any that have Reggaeton drums in them, but thank you for the referral anyways. I may need to use this site for other tracks!

I have a library that has plenty of sampled drums, but I guess I should look for better samples? I was hoping I could just EQ/Reverb/Stereo Image the drums I already have to sound like those in that song.

Hi guys. I'm almost done with this track. I'm working on my mix and getting all of the sounds clean and in their place. Right now I'm focusing on my drums. I think my kicks are fine and the bass line should be louder, but, as of right now, my snares are sounding plain and in the center of the mix.

I'm trying to achieve a reverb (I think that's what it is) similar to the snares used in this song (the main drum line starts at around 00:20):

Here's a sample of my track so far: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwMohGqRb7CuZFN1U3FjdkxyMVU/view?usp=sharing

What techniques should I use to achieve a similar sound. I tried messing with the built in Reverb plug ins on FL Studio but they all sound airy and do not produce the same effect. Any help would be awesome. Thank you!

The reverb is usually referred to as an "ambience", and could be a number of things. I'd start with a short plate with a bit of pre-delay. But I don't think that's what makes the snare interesting. The way the low end of the snare pops through the speaker and the crunchy texture is much more compelling in my mind.

The reverb is usually referred to as an "ambience", and could be a number of things. I'd start with a short plate with a bit of pre-delay. But I don't think that's what makes the snare interesting. The way the low end of the snare pops through the speaker and the crunchy texture is much more compelling in my mind.

I see what you're saying. I think the reverb helps with the low end pop. The crunchy texture is just a characteristic of those snares. I have the snare samples wihtout the effects on it in my library and it has those low ends and the distinct textures. As a matter of fact, the snare that starts at 0:31 in the Daddy Yankee song and the snare that starts at 0:21 in my sample are the same snare samples. I'm trying to get those snares to sound similar, because I think it will match the vibe of the kick drums and the synths in my songs better. Any tips on how to do that if it's not just the reverb?

Back