Help with Setup?

ajjones22

I've finally saved enough money for some recording equipment and I need help. I make beats with Reason and Acid pro on my computer. I need to buy a mic to record over my beats. The thing is I just have a regular Soundblaster Live 24 bit audio card. What will I need for my vocals to sound good. And I mean everything, because I'm new to this. I was thinking of a condenser mic with some mic preamp, but will my sound card be okay with the connections or will i need a new card also? Please help me out. Peace.

JonesBoy

your soundcard is not really ment to record. So you need a good soundcard first (tascam us-122, presonus firebox, rme or motu if you can afford it) a decent preamp (fmr rnp, presonus bleu tube if the fmr is to expensive) and a good mic (akg c3000b, rode nt1a, se electronics 5600 or if you can spent more, a blue baby bottle, akg c414 xl-II, neumann tlm 103, ...) and of course a good monitoring, monitors in a decent controlroom, preferable acoustic treated in the right way and closed headphones in your vocal booth

Back