help with mixing

Pablo Shifty

Sup guys i tryin mix my new production, and i have a problem with mixing instruments, my kick and snares, pads i think sound goods, but i have a problem with other tracks i mean, (hi hats clsd, open hh, crash, claps, and instruments like main lead, brass, strings, trumpet, bass synth and female choir) i kno my main lead is too loud, i will turn down a volume, but i dnt how mix rest..., how add warm, natural sounds for my instruments, any tips?, pls check my unfinished mix, and i will real gratefull if yu leave some tricks tips for my instruments

Holla

https://soundcloud.com/pablo-shifty-ch/pafrt-1-1

I like it a lot! Maybe add an 808 baseline. Switch up the kick pattern at a point as well. The pads in the hook really compliment the hook presence. You can add warmth and space indeed. Personally I use Fabfilter Saturn plugin. Fairly simple knob to adjust. The main isn't really too loud IMO. Delayed reverb would sweeten it up and allow it to fit better. Not much more I can say. It sounded great from the start. Maybe someone else can elaborate as well. Good job tho

It sounds like it needs more energy overall. Usually the bass and mids are associated with energy.. You may have cut a lot of the lower frequencies to make the track sound more clear, that can be good in certain situations.. But here it sounds like you just cut too much of the good stuff that makes a song have that warmth to it.

Last edited:
An 808 bassline or any kind of bassline would indeed be a good idea. Also try to layer at least one more pad sound. Choose a darker sound or use a lowpass.
For the lead you can also try to layer a second sound to fatten it. Also try to add saturation to your lead, maybe also to your pad. Saturation Knob by Softube is great and free:
Softube - Saturation Knob

Back